Wednesday 23rd April 2008

Right now I’m busy prepping for my first cookery class @ La Cocotte this Thursday. I’ve been busy researching, testing, tasting, doing all things muffiny…so much so I think I’m actually becoming a muffin. I found out the word muffin comes from the old french term “moufflet” (=soft). And that the American muffins did originate from the English ones but quickly developed their own style.

The polenta, feta & sundried tomato muffins are ones I’ll be putting in the goody bag which everyone at the cookery class gets to take home (with a few sweets ones too). I’ll let you know how it goes.

Wish me luck!

Btw I tend to use a mini muffin tin because the size is great for snacks or dinner party canap

Tags:

9 Responses to “Miss muffin and her polenta, feta & sundried tomato muffins”

1. Nicola says:

These are scrummy! I ran out of flour at 200g but they are still yum. I went over a bit with the cheese too, but it’s made them even better. I’ll definitely make them again!

2. Patrick122 says:

While “mouflet” means kid, “moufflet” with two “f” is (or was, the word isn’t used nowadays) a kind of stuffed wool hat, that’s soft and looks + or – like a muffin… there comes the name from :)

3. Good luck, sweetie!
    I have never made savory muffins and these look so delish!

4. Nina says:

I love polenta and I love a savory muffin, so this is right up my alley.

Amanda – Thanks. I”ll definetly let you know how it goes. A bit worried having to do it all in French.
    Mari – Yeah, they are yum. Really easy recipe to make for dinner party snacks. And you could easily freeze it too!
    Clotilde – Trop mignon! “Mouflet” I’m going to have to use that term for the kids I look after. Merci beaucoup.

6. clotilde says:

“Un mouflet” is also an affectionate term for “child”…
    Have fun with the class!

7. Mari says:

Oh, I love savory muffins! These look yum, Rachel!

8. Amanda says:

Good luck! Hopefully you will have some fun stories to report back here