Sunday 13th April 2008

I realised after I shot* this, that the raspberry coulis looked rather “blood like” and I even subconsiously made bloodlike splatters.

* Shoot/blood = Hmmmmmmm, maybe I have murder on my mind ;-)

I also made a lychee version of this for an event at La Cocotte. I chopped up tinned lychees and placed them at the bottom of the ramekins, poured the panna cotta on top.

Almond milk panna cotta

3 gelatine leaves
250ml almond milk
250ml double cream
2 tsp almond essence
25g sugar

4 ramekins

Soak the gelatine in cold water until soft. Heat the all the other ingredients in a pan until it comes to the boil. Take off the heat. Squeeze out the water from the gelatine, add to the cream mixture. Stir well until all the gelatine is disolved. Pour into ramekins and leave to cool. Once cool put into the fridge and chill for at least 4 hours (or overnight).

To unmould: Run a sharp knife around the ramekin and then dip the ramekin in a large bowl of hot water for 10 seconds. Place a plate on top of the ramekin and turn over.

Serve with raspberry coulis*

* I just heat frozen raspberries up with some sugar and a bit of water if necessary. Wizz it up with a blender and pass it through a sieve. Or if I’m feel extra lazy I just buy ready made stuff. Shock horror! ;-)

Tags:

10 Responses to “A bloody mess…Almond milk panna cotta with raspberry coulis”

1. kj says:

Well it looks good to me. I love pannacotta.

Meeta – Let me know if you do!
    Scott – Thanks, yeah I’m a bit of a piggy sometimes when I eat ;-)
    Nina – Why, thank you Miss Nina :P
    Kristina – Well, I do try my best to make the photo look as good as it actually tastes
    Brilynn – Unfortunately the French haven’t caught on to Dexter yet, so I’ll have to TV link it.Keep your eyes out for more “bloody” desserts.
    No recipes – Hmmmmmmm, I’ll have to check out anin tofu, sounds intriguing
    Lance – Yes, it’s definetly a perfect dessert for hot weather. The cool smooth texture of the panna cotta with the subtle almond taste makes a great alternative to ice cream.
    Patricia – Let me know when you’re next in town, I’ll have a batch waiting in the fridge for you ;-)

3. That is a mess I’d love help you clean! :)

4. Lance says:

You had me at “almond.” This looks wonderfully refreshing for spring! The weather is already rediculously hot where I am, and this seems like the perfect way to cool off and enjoy. I’ll have to give this a try soon.

5. norecipes says:

Mmm sounds a bit like a richer version of anin tofu which i love.

6. brilynn says:

Maybe you’ve been watching too much Dexter, (but if you haven’t been, you should, it’s an awesome show) but I think this looks great!

7. kristina says:

gorgeous photos!! this dessert looks and sounds delicious.

8. Nina says:

Good golly, Miss Molly this is GOOOD!!!!

9. Messy perhaps; still delicious. Still, its only the eating which makes it messy – it looks just perfect before hand!

Great to see this shiny blog for the first time.

10. Meeta says:

Oh i like this. using almond milk for the panna cotta is a fantastic idea. I have to try it. I also love the raspberry coulis!