Sunday 3rd February 2008

blueberrypancakes.jpg

I saw one of my favourite bands this week. I was slightly distracted during the concert when Fink started singing “Blueberry Pancakes”. My mind wandered to my blueberry pancake recipe. Would I add buttermilk to my mixture? How would I incorporate the blueberries? Buckwheat flour or plain flour? My “foodie daydream” didn’t last that long as the music was amazing and it put me back in the room quite quickly.

These pancakes are not the ones I would normally make for pancake day this tuesday (if you’re looking for a “classic” pancake day recipe, check out Delia’s). More something for breakfast/brunch or even a dessert. If you’re in London this Tuesday, check out The Great Spitalfields Pancake Race. Good luck to everyone who’s tossing pancakes on tuesday!

This recipe is taking part in this month’s Click photography event. Check out for other “flour” based photography.

blueberrypan1.jpg

Blueberry pancakes
serves 4

Pancake mixture
125g plain flour
125g buckwheat flour
2 tsp of baking powder

4 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs
250ml buttermilk (or 125ml milk/125ml yoghurt)
150g butter, melted (save a couple of tablespoons for frying the pancakes)

Blueberry mixture
250g blueberries (keep a handful for the garnish)
5 tbsp sugar (this may depend on how sweet your blueberries are)
150ml water
150g cr

Tags: , , ,

15 Responses to “Blueberry pancakes “R khooks stylee””

1. [...] ~ purplesque’s vox Pancakes with Cinnamon and Sugar ~ Greedy Gourmet Blueberry Pancakes ~ R khooks Coconut Lemon Curd Cupcakes ~ Caf

2. Meeta says:

Oh these look really good. Love blueberry pancakes and the way the creme fraiche sort of drizzles down the whole stack!

3. Liska says:

It’s so beautiful. I can’t sleep without thinking about your blog!

Marie – I’ve sent you an email, so you should have my address. Otherwise just click on the envelope in the right hand column and you’ll get my address.
    Emily – Kung Hei Fat Choi to you too! Hope you’re enjoying the celebrations.
    Liz – I think your husband would be able to eat these with no problems. Otherwise you could always whizz them up in the mixer ;-)
    Cheryl – Thanks so much for the sweet comment =)

5. Cheryl says:

I would frame this picture of the pancakes. It is just absolutely gorgeous.

6. [...] stuff-em-up the hill backwards – Last Updated – Tuesday January 29  Request a Trackback Blueberry pancakes “R khooks stylee” I saw one of my favourite bands this week. I was slightly distracted during the concert when Fink [...]

7. MrsDocChuck says:

Your pancakes do indeed look quite toothsome. They may be soft enough for my husband to gum down, even.

~~Liz, RN

8. Emily says:

I miss pancakes and these ones just look so delicious…excellent photo and of course, Kung Hei Fat Choi!

9. Marie says:

Salut Rachel !

F

Amanda – Totally understand your pancake sugar high especially if they were doused in maple or golden syrup.

A. Grace – Thanks, I could eat them everyday for the rest of the life if somebody was making them for me ;-)

DocChuck – MMMmmmmm, I bet the pancakes made with wild blueberries from Maine must be a absolutely delicious. Unfortunately we don’t have anything similar in France, just the regular blueberries.

Indigo – Good luck for your pancake party! Sounds like great fun. Hope you don’t have too many pancakes landing on the floor or sticking to the ceiling.

Brilynn – Thanks, my hands were purple aswell after making these . It took some scrubbing to get the colour off.

11. brilynn says:

Those are so colourful and look delicious!

12. Indigo says:

My friends and I are having a big gathering tomorrow evening to go pancake crazy ^__^ If blueberry pancakes are on the menu, I hope they look like this! Gorgeous pictures, and I love the marbled effect.

13. DocChuck says:

Well, your recipe for our favorite blueberry pancakes (preferably made with wild blueberries from Maine) is pretty much similar to others I have seen and enjoyed.

However, your photographs surpass ANY that I have ever seen . . . absolutely beautiful!

DocChuck
    (authenticated by IP address ending in .174)

14. a.grace says:

i could eat those every day for the rest of my life.
    absolutely stunning.

15. Amanda says:

the colors from the blueberry mixed with the pancake remind me of spring for some reason. gotta love that deep violet! I just made some pancakes too, except mine will forever go down in history as “the-pancakes-that-spiked-my-blood-sugar-so-high-i-thought-i-might-pass-out.”